Introducation to Computer Science (ICS 1/2) and Introduction to Technology
Course Objectives-Students will...
Introduction to Computer Science
- I will use MIT App Inventor to program using pair programming and understand the software design process.
- I will use project planning and collaboration to solve complex problems.
- I will make connections between computational thinking and long-term, career, success.
- I will create applications that share multiple forms of data using the world wide web.
- I will develop application and simulations using text based programming languages.
Introduction to Technology
- I will type using proper fingering at a proficient speed.
- I will use Google Docs to create finished products for classroom work.
- I will create tables and analyze data using Google Sheets.
- I will create and present multi-media presentations in Google Slides.
- I will create a movie with music and images using Windows MovieMaker.
The course outline will primarily be followed. Minor changes may occur due to school activities and closures. Specific activities for each day will be posted a of one week in advance. Review the course schedule at the following link.
The progress assessment outlines the primary objectives and target skills for students throughout the course. Students are involved in the evaluation process to assist them in gaining the ability to grow and set goals. You can review the progress assessment at the provided link.